Executive Master Thesis
An important part of the program is an Executive Master Thesis (EMT ) which will provide participants with a deeper understanding of some aspects of management, as well as further analytical skills and critical thinking. The EMT builds on the knowledge gained in the modules but “stretches” and “deepens” it, not least through the requirement that participants collect and analyze data systematically. The thesis topics can be actual issues from group members’ companies, so that the thesis may provide both academic and practical value. The EMT work will start in the first semester with the choice of a thesis topic. During subsequent semesters participants are asked to hand in working papers and can seek comments by a tutor so that authors may learn how to improve the quality of participants’ work. The final EMT paper will be defended in front of external examiners at the end of the last semester.
Dr. Igor DukeovAssociate Professor, EMT Area Principal
Dr. Igor Dukeov joined the Stockholm School of Economics, Russia in 1998 and actively participated in the process of the SSE Russia brand establishing and research. At present he fills the position of Executive Master Thesis Area Principal and the position of Program Director of corporate program for the Russian Railways.
Prior to his employment at the SSE Russia Igor got a long-term experience of working for Russian, North American and European companies in the field of Marketing and Strategy Development. From 1992 till 1995 Igor managed his own company which was dealing in the sphere of international tourism.
In addition to his teaching practice on Strategic Management at local and overseas universities, he actively participates in consulting and research projects in Russia and abroad as a founder and CEO of DUKEOV & PARTNERS Oy consulting group. This Finnish company mainly deals with cross-border business development and provides services for businesses that are interested in penetrating into the Russian market place and for Russian companies that target Global markets.
Dr. Dukeov has accomplished more than two hundred commercial and scientific projects for domestic and foreign companies as well as for commercial and non-commercial organizations. Among his clients are The World Economic Forum, Hanken Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Russian Federal Government, TNT Global Express Logistics&Mail, SPAL Inc., FINPRO, Russian Railways and many others. He is the author of numerous scientific publications, monographs and workbooks on Strategy and Innovation Management.
Anna IzmailovaTeacher, EMT
7-year experience of Diploma’s supervision and participation in the defense commissions at the corporate educational programs, as well as at Executive MBA.
- Executive MBA degree of Stockholm School of Economics
- Ph.D. in Pedagogy (1st Thesis in St. Petersburg about PR specialists training)
- 2 higher education Diplomas – Economic and Humanitarian Departments of the Politechnical University
- Stratford-upon-Avon College and Enterprise Centre (UK) – Tourism & Restaurant business
- Author of the book “English Training for PR Specialists” and the dictionary of professional vocabulary for PR-specialists
- Author of the Market Communications course at the Business Incubator in ITMO (St. Petersburg University of Informational Technologies, Mechanics and Optics)
- Master classes “Methodology of business training running”, “Methodology of business training creation”
- Courses on negotiations, assertiveness, leadership, motivation and emotional intellect
- Myles Downey and Manfred Kets de Vries seminars on individual and group coaching
15-years of professional experience in Marketing, PR and Communications in the international companies, self-realized projects of strategic development and promotion, as well as anti-crisis PR projects, personal branding and GR. Business trainer, focusing on self-branding, leadership, motivation and communication skills.