The quality of lectures, seminars and workshops and the output from the Executive MBA program depend on the faculty. SSE has its own strong faculty heterogeneous with respect to background and experience. For our Executive MBA programs in Russia we invite also the best experts from the other international universities.
Among the SSE faculty in Russia there are:
Ciara SuttonPhD, Area Principal of International Business
Ciara Sutton is a Research Fellow and lecturer in the Department of Marketing and Strategy at the Stockholm School of Economics. In addition she holds the position of Area Principal in Strategy and International Business at the Stockholm School of Economics in Russia.
Ciara teaches at Masters and Executive level in Strategy and International Business, with a particular interest in cross-cultural management. She is currently the process leader for the Master in General Management program at SSE and is a coach and program leader in change management, innovation, and business planning projects in various educational and corporate programs, primarily in Sweden, Finland and Russia.
Ciara’s research interests have centred on strategic issues in international venture capital and private equity, as well as the concept of global leadership and the role and competencies of global leaders in multinational organisations. She has co-authored the successful European version of the book ‘Crafting and Executing Strategy: The Quest for Competitive Advantage’ (2013) McGraw-Hill, adopted widely in both undergraduate and postgraduate Stategy courses.
She is Australian, with a Bsc (Com.) from the University of New South Wales, Sydney and later earned her Msc and Ph.D from the Stockholm School of Economics in Sweden
Honors and Awards:
- WINNER OF THE GUNNAR HEDLUND AWARD FOR BEST MASTERS THESIS IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- AWARDED WALLANDER RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP FOR PROMISING YOUNG SCHOLARS
Mattia Bianchi Area Principal, Operations Management and Organizational Excellence
- Stockholm School of Economics Russia, St. Petersburg, Russia Area Principal Operations
- Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm, Sweden Associate Professor of Business Administration (untenured; Swedish: Oavlönad Docent) Department of Management and Organization
- Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm, Sweden Assistant Professor of Business Administration Department of Management and Organization
- Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy Affiliated External Professor Institute of Management
- Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
Ph.D. in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering; Advisor: Vittorio Chiesa
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe, Spain
Visiting scholar; invited by Prof. Marco Giarratana; Department of Business Administration
- Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
Master of Science in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering
- University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Visiting scholar; invited by Prof. Apostolos Serletis, Department of Economics
- UNITECH International Society, Zurich, Switzerland
UNITECH International Degree in Management of Technology
- Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
International Diploma in Management, Tanaka Business School
- Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
Bachelor of Science in Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering
- Technology Licensing, Lean Product Developement
- International Business, Energy Markets
Per Hedberg Academic Director
- Academic Director at the Stockholm School of Economics, Russia
- Area Principal for the Human Area at Stockholm School of Economics, Russia
- Intern Consultant at the Swedish Trade Council
- Commissioned as advisor for the Stockholm Council for Regional Growth, Environment, and Planning
- Assistant Professor in Psychology at Stockholm University
- CEO (and owner) of Pluralis Capital, Sweden
Areas of expertise:
- Memory and learning
- Prejudice and discrimination
- Experimental methods
- Social psychology
- Judgment and decision-making
- Behavioral game theory
- Bargaining and negotiation
- Strategic behavior in social networks
- Organizational behavior
- PhD in Psychology, Columbia University
- PhD in Business Administration, Stockholm School of Economics
Lars Henriksson Area Principal, Business Law and Market Systems
Lars Henriksson is a professor of law at the Stockholm School of Economics. He received his M.Sc. in general management in 1991 and his LL.M. degree from Stockholm University in 1998. From 1987 to 1998 he worked with the family business in the fashion industry and was, inter alia, responsible for overseas sales in the UK and production first in the former USSR and later in East European countries for a number of years. He joined SSE Russia in 2005 to head the modules on commercial law for business executives.
He returned to the SSE in 1998 and received his LL.D., defending a thesis on pricing strategies and competition law, reflecting his dual background in law and economics. He became associate professor with the faculty in 2005 and full professor in 2010. His area of research and practice is within antitrust and competition law, contract law, EU-law, company and market law and international trade law. Also, a special interest in his research is devoted to regulated markets and law related issues of market regulations. He has chaired a governmental public enquiry on regulations and is a member of ASCOLA, the worldwide association of competition law academics with seat at the Max Planck Institute. He is currently appointed to the Council for Research Issues at the Swedish Competition Authority and is the head of specialization for the LL.D. Program in law at SSE. Since 2011 he is on the Board of the Institute of Intellectual Property Law and Marketing Law at the Stockholm University. In 2013 he became a Non-Government Advisor (NGA) to the International Competition Network (ICN) Unilateral Conduct Working Group and he also a member of La Ligue internationale du droit de la concurrence (LIDC). He has published numerous articles on legal matters such as competition law, copyright law, public procurement, company law and telecom and energy regulation.
- A Member of ASCOLA, the worldwide association of competition law academics with seat at the Max Planck Institute
- A Member of the Council for Research Issues at the Swedish Competition Authority
- The Head of specialization for the LL.D. Program in law at the Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden)
- A Non-Government Advisor (NGA) to the International Competition Network (ICN) Unilateral Conduct Working Group, a Member of La Ligue internationale du droit de la concurrence (LIDC) since 2013
- Professor of Law at the Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden) since 2010
- The Board member of the Institute of Intellectual Property Law and Marketing Law at the Stockholm University since 2011
- Associate Professor of Law at the Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden) since 2005
- 1987 to 1998 worked with the family business in the fashion industry and was, inter alia, responsible for overseas sales in the UK and production first in the former USSR and later in East European countries
Areas of expertise:
Antitrust and Competition Law, Contract Law, EU-law, Company and Market Law and International Trade Law. A special interest in research is devoted to regulated markets and law related issues of market regulations.
- LL.D. degree, defending a thesis on pricing strategies and competition law, SSE (Sweden)
- LL.M. degree, Stockholm University (Sweden)
- M.Sc. in general management, Stockholm University (Sweden)
Katerina HellströmArea Principal Accounting and Finance, Associate Academic Dean, SSE Russia
- Assistant Professor, Department of Accounting, SSE, Sweden
- Junior lecturer, Department of Business Administration, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Teacher, Department of Accounting, SSE, Sweden
Areas of competence:
- Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, Equity Valuation
- PhD in Business Administration, SSE, Sweden
- MSc in Business Administration, SSE, Sweden
- BSc in Linguistics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Katerina Hellström is lecturer and area principal for accounting and finance at SSE Russia. Her areas of expertise include financial reporting, financial analysis and equity valuation. She lectures also corporate finance and management accounting.
Katerina is assistant professor at Stockholm School of Economics since 2010 and lectured previously at Uppsala University as well as Stockholm University (Sweden). She teaches financial accounting and analysis at SSE Riga, Latvia. In her teaching, she covers bachelor, master, executive MBA and corporate programs (among others Russian Railways, Management Program for the Health Care Sector).
Katerina holds a PhD in Business Administration from the Stockholm School of Economics. She has been recently appointed Program Director of Master in General Management at SSE. Katerina is a graduate of International Teachers´ Program.
The areas of Katerina´s research interest are accounting quality, disclosure quality, capital markets, financial and non-financial measures of performance.
Mats Vilgon Teacher, Area Principal Marketing
- Insurance co-ordinator, Norsk Hydro
- Research co-ordinator, Swedish Telecom
- Course director of & faculty leader for the mandatory marketing course at SSE
- Course director & teacher at SSE Riga
- Program director & course director Executive MBA, SSE
- Course director, Advanced Market Strategy, SSE
- Course director, faculty leader & teacher at SSE Executive Education & Swedish Institute of Management, lots of programs (in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Latvia, France, Belgium, Holland & Hungary)
- Area principle, faculty leader & teacher: Marketing, SSE Russia
- Program director: SalesLeadership Master Class, Hanken Helsingfors
Mats Urde, PhD, is an associate professor at Lund University in Sweden and has earned an international reputation for his research. Mats Urde is a researcher and consultant in brand strategy. As a brand strategist and speaker, with a long track record of practical experience, he helps corporations and organizations to become more brand-oriented. Publications of Mats Urde can be found in Journal of Brand Management, Harvard Business School Working Papers, Journal of Consumer Marketing, and European Journal of Marketing.
Mats Urde's knowledge and passion for the management and building of brands is reflected in his writing, lecturing, and work as a consultant. With his dissertation, he was one of the pioneers of brand orientation - a new way to work and understand the brands of a corporation.
For an organization, brand orientation means that brands become a hub for the strategy process. Brand orientation is a mindset where brand issues are viewed as critical issues by all members of the organization. The goal in a brand-oriented organization is to create, develop, and protect brands as valuable resources and as sustainable competitive advantages.
For more information see.
Elena Sidorenko is an Associate Professor at St.Petersburg State University, social psychology department and PhD in psychology. Elena was one of the founders of Stockholm School of Economics in Russia and worked as EMBA program director. Also, she held courses on Motivation. At the moment Elena Sidorenko works with educational programs developed by her own:
- Transparent communication in the organizations
- Personal influence and resistance to the influence of others.
- Organizational loyalty development
- Leadership and manager’s practical skills
- Training methodology
- New trainings creation methodology
Elena Sidorenko is author of many published books:
- "Inferiority complex and early memories analysis in Alfred Adler’s concept" (1993)
- "Experience of reorientational training" (1995)
- "Methods of mathematical treatment in psychology" (1996)
- "Motivational training" (2000)
- "Training on influence and resistance to the influence of others" (2001)
- "Training on communicational competence in business interactions" (2002)